RV Host - Seasonal
Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
NOW HIRING FOR A BUSY 2017 SPRING/SUMMER SEASON!
Situated in the Oceanside community of Metchosin on beautiful Vancouver Island, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers stunning oceanfront views with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service excellence.
We are currently looking for customer-focused individuals to join an amazing team of food & beverage, accommodation and adventure tourism crew for our busy 2017 season. We are looking for a seasonal RV Host.
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
If you are passionate about fun, food and fishing, we want to hear from you! If you are interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 7th.
POSITION/TITLE: RV Resort Host/Hostess
BUSINESS UNIT: Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
REPORTS TO: General Manager, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
JOB OVERVIEW: The RV Resort Host/Hostess is responsible for supporting the General Manager by ensuring RV guest expectations are met and exceeded for the RV Resort; this position will assist in leading and organizing the RV Attendants in creating a ‘Yes I Can’ customer environment. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members; work closely with all crew to communicate guest needs effectively and efficiently.
- Work closely with the General Manager to ensure guest service levels are maintained to a standard of excellence that surpasses guest’s expectations in a consistent manner.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Set the pace and lead by working shoulder to shoulder with other crew to assist in serving guests for optimal guest experience.
- Assist with overall assessment of guest experience by performing regular walk-arounds of RV Resort & Marina property and providing feedback to the General Manager.
- Ensure RV Park grounds, buildings, sites, roads and facilities are well maintained and operate efficiently.
- Ensure high level of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained throughout the RV resort.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Create and maintain a positive environment in support of the ‘Yes I Can’ philosophy.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend and participate in any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by General Manager.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Post-Secondary education and/or training in hospitality or business-related studies is an asset.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills, coupled with positive attitude required.
- Light maintenance aptitude.
- Grounds maintenance including gardening, weed eating, grass cutting.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is an asset.
- Experience with RV’ing an asset.
- Groundskeeping and light building maintenance an asset.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.