North Saanich Marina
Are you an outgoing individual with a passion for customer service who thrives in a team environment? Do you have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations on Southern Vancouver Island? Let’s talk!
Situated in protected Shoal Harbour in beautiful Sidney, BC, the North Saanich Marina is one of southern Vancouver Island’s favourite home ports for sailing and boating in Canada’s Gulf Islands, the US San Juan Islands and beyond.
We are currently looking for a customer-focused crew member to join our marina team as a full-time Marina/Maintenance Attendant.
If you have a passion for the water and boating, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
POSITION/TITLE: Marina/Maintenance Attendant
BUSINESS UNIT: Marinas
REPORTS TO: Marina Supervisor, North Saanich Marina
JOB OVERVIEW: Supports Management in day-to-day operations of the Marina including contracted and guest moorage, fuel calls, and repair & maintenance of physical plant and grounds. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet moorage customers and guests as they enter and make them feel welcome, assisting with vessel docking and processing nightly moorage fees.
- Daily interior and exterior building inspections for clear walkways, light bulbs, garbage and recycling removed, and parking lot clear of garbage.
- Check R+M and Safety problem to-do list board and prioritize.
- Communicate with managers for cleaning and supply needs.
- Remove garbage from all garbage drop-off bins.
- Remove garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot.
- Empty recycle bins and keep the area clean.
- Water the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina.
- Ensure washrooms and office are cleaned on a daily basis.
- Paint the Fuel Dock and the exterior as required.
- Ensure docks and buildings are power washed as needed.
- Ensure that all signage maintenance and repair is done as necessary.
- Ensure General Manager, Supervisor and Maintenance Supervisor are kept up to date of any and all progress during water or hydro problems.
- Respond to fuel spills within the marina.
- Sell fuel and chandlery.
- Maintain an organized and welcoming environment.
- Participate in quarterly inventory counts.
- Work within a team environment to assist fellow crew members to deliver exceptional service as may be required.
- Completing moorage, hydro, and fuel transactions.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card required.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Carpentry skills required.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- 1-2 years working in trades within a similar position.
- Previous experience working in with marine related maintenance.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, "Yes I Can" attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying "no" without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend.
*Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.