Marina Attendant - Seasonal
Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
NOW HIRING FOR A BUSY 2017 SPRING/SUMMER SEASON!
Situated in the Oceanside community of Metchosin on beautiful Vancouver Island, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers stunning oceanfront views with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service excellence.
We are currently looking for customer-focused individuals to join an amazing team of food & beverage, accommodation and adventure tourism crew for our busy 2017 season. We are looking for a seasonal Marina Attendant.
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
If you are passionate about fun, food and fishing, we want to hear from you! If you are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com by June 23rd.
POSITION/TITLE: Marina Attendant
BUSINESS UNIT: Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
REPORTS TO: Dock Supervisor, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
JOB OVERVIEW: The Marina Attendant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Marina, the fuel dock and boat rental operations at Pedder Bay. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet all boaters arriving at the marina and assisting with vessel docking.
- Prepare, clean, fuel and rent boats to customers.
- Provide a thorough orientation to customers of the rental boat, safety procedures, operation procedures, navigation hazards and complete a check list to confirm the orientation.
- Basic maintenance of tackle and downriggers.
- Remove garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot and docks.
- Operation of the fuel dock including cash out procedures.
- Water the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina.
- Paint the exterior as required.
- Assist the maintenance and cleaning crews as requested.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card required.
- Restricted Radio Operators Certificate is an asset.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Knowledge of tidal water sport fishing techniques an asset.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Previous marina work experience is considered an asset.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.