Oak Bay Marina
Are you an outgoing individual with a passion for customer service who thrives in a team environment? If you have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria, let’s talk!
Situated in beautiful Victoria, BC, the Oak Bay Marina is a popular destination for boaters, tourists and locals who enjoy marine activities and breathtaking ocean views. Our crew are able to take advantage of discounts at our onsite Marina Dockside Eatery & Marina Restaurant, as well as have frequent visits with our resident seals!
We are currently seeking a talented part-time Marina Attendant to be a part of a dynamic team. The Marina Attendant is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Marina including processing guest moorage, retail inventory and merchandising, dispensing fuel, cleaning and basic maintenance of the grounds.
(*Must be available weekdays)
If we sound like a fit, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position will be posted until filled.
POSITION/TITLE: Marina Attendant
BUSINESS UNIT: Marinas and Attractions
REPORTS TO: Marina Supervisor
JOB OVERVIEW: Supports the Manager in day-to-day operations of the Marina including contracted and guest moorage, retail inventory and merchandising, fuel calls, fish preparation, and maintenance of physical plant and grounds. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Selling fuel, chandlery, and gift shop items.
- Restocking shelves and displays daily.
- Participating in quarterly inventory counts.
- Ensuring washrooms and showers are cleaned on a twice daily basis.
- Removing garbage from all garbage drop-off bins.
- Removing garbage, debris and weeds from parking lot.
- Transferring gift shop and fuel dock recycling to the main recycling depot.
- Watering the potted plants and flowers around the exterior of the marina
- Painting the Fuel Dock and the exterior as required.
- Assisting the maintenance and cleaning crews as requested.
- Greeting all boaters arriving at the marina, assisting with vessel docking and processing nightly moorage fees.
- Stocking, cutting, and bagging fish.
- Completing moorage, hydro, and fuel transactions.
- Completing other tasks as directed.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card required.
- Knowledge of marine operations and/or boating experience is required.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic cash handling skills.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Previous marina work experience is considered an asset.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, "Yes I Can" attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying "no" without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- Ability to walk for extended periods.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend.
*Details about the position including compensation, benefits and performance (once hired) will only be discussed with the applicant or employee