Dishwasher, Marina Restaurant
Do you have a passion for excellence; thrive in a team environment and have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
Situated on stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and supporting Vancouver Island growers and suppliers when possible.
We are currently looking for a customer-focused full-time dishwasher to join our team!
If we sound like a fit, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 28th.
BUSINESS UNIT: Marina Restaurant
REPORTS TO: Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef
JOB OVERVIEW: The Dishwasher is responsible for the maintenance and hygienic cleaning of all restaurant tools, china and glassware. In addition, the Dishwasher is charged with ensuring all refuse and disposal areas are maintained in a safe and hygienic manner.
This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Demonstrate a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicate effectively with all team members;
- Display a team player attitude;
- Provide exceptional guest service 100% of the time;
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times;
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard;
- Participate in " Yes I can";
- Attend staff meetings;
- Arrive for work at least 5 minutes before scheduled start time;
- Clothing is to dress standard, clean and pressed;
- Grooming is immaculate and accessories to standard;
- Can work at speed and in an organized manner;
- Ability to work with or without supervision;
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment;
- Monitor and maintain dishwasher chemical levels;
- Handles restaurant waste collection and disposal;
- Follows recycling policies and procedures;
- Maintains cardboard management according to policy;
- Always work in a cost-efficient and safe manner;
- Treat all company property with care and respect;
- Follow the policies and procedures as stated in the OBMG Employee Manual
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe – Level One
- WHMIS knowledge and observance
- Occupational First Aid is an asset
- Prior experience working in a restaurant kitchen.
- Comfortable working with or without supervision is required for this position.
- Experience working in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
- Service Excellence, "Yes I Can" attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying "no" without offering alternatives.
- Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or contacts.
- Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
- Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
- Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
- Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
- Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
- Ability to work at speed under duress in an organized manner.
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds and lift above head.
- The ability to bend.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.