Counter/Coffee House Attendant
Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
NOW HIRING A COUNTER/COFFEE HOUSE ATTENDANT!
Situated in the Oceanside community of Metchosin on beautiful Vancouver Island, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers stunning oceanfront views with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service excellence.
We are currently looking for customer-focused individuals to join an amazing team of food & beverage, accommodation and adventure tourism crew for our busy 2017 season. We are looking for a seasonal Counter/Coffee House Attendant
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
If you are passionate about fun, food and fishing, we want to hear from you! If you are interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
POSITION/TITLE: Counter/Coffee House Attendant
BUSINESS UNIT: Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Supervisor, Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina
JOB OVERVIEW: The Counter/Coffee House Attendant position consists of effectively and efficiently dealing with guests on rental boats, RV check-in/out, retail, and food & beverage sales. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional ‘Yes I Can’ service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Greet guests as they enter and make them feel welcome.
- Prepare coffee, tea and espresso drinks to OBMG standards.
- Maintain an organized and welcoming environment.
- Assists with overall cleanliness of building including but not limited to; counters, floors, retail displays, and washrooms.
- Assist with maintaining beverage/product inventory.
- Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Support the S.T.A.R.S. Core Values.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook.
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times.
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Attend any regularly scheduled crew meetings.
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions at Pedder Bay RV Resort & Marina as may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1 is required.
- Serving it Right is required.
- Superhost Certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Emergency First Aid and CPR is an asset.
Strong organizational skills required in fast paced, high volume environment.
- Experience in customer service is an asset.
- Cash handling experience is an asset.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, ‘Yes I Can’ attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The ability to bend.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.