Bartender, Full-Time - Marina Restaurant
Do you have a passion for excellence; thrive in a team environment and have a desire to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
Situated on stunning Oak Bay Marina in the culinary capital of Vancouver Island, the award-winning Marina Restaurant is a spectacular oceanfront restaurant with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service and culinary excellence.
Our Seafood Menu is 100% Certified Ocean Wise. We believe in buying local, sustainable seafood and support Vancouver Island growers and suppliers when possible.
We are currently looking for a customer-focused experienced (3-5 years) Bartender to join our team. Must be available for night and day shifts as required.
If we sound like a fit, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is Friday, June 2nd.
BUSINESS UNIT: Restaurants
REPORTS TO: Marina Restaurant Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: The bartender is responsible for the preparation and service of all beverages to the service crew in the dining room as well as serving a full menu to guests at the round bar. He or she must be able to multi task under duress and be organized, efficient and able to work with little supervision. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provides exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicates effectively with all team members;
- Demonstrates complete knowledge of all menus and demonstrates an interest in and enthusiasm for new product knowledge and techniques;
- Provides drink service according to standard and provides prompt, courteous and consistent drink order service to all servers;
- Provides all guests with an accurate bill and provides prompt credit or debit card processing and accurate change for cash;
- Maintains an accurate cash float;
- Works with speed in a cost efficient organized and safe manner at all times
- Performs opening and closing duties to standard;
- Maintains clothing to our dress standard; clothing should be clean and pressed;
- Grooming is immaculate and accessories to standard;
- Ensures high quality and supply of bar products at all times;
- Complies with all policies, procedures and regulations;
- Ensures safety, sanitation and cleanliness of the round bar at all times;
- Operates and maintains equipment to standard;
- Promotes “Everyone sells” by suggestively sell menu items;
- Attends staff meetings;
Education and Technical Skills:
- Serving it Right certification.
- Food Safe Level 1.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 is an asset.
- Squirrel proficiency.
- Cash balancing skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in preparation of drinks to standard.
- Knowledge of tap and draft systems.
- Knowledge of wine and food pairings.
- 3-5 years’ previous experience as a bartender.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.