Barista - Marina Dockside Eatery
Are you passionate about coffee? Do you thrive in a team environment and want to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
The Marina Dockside Eatery is a licensed establishment, serving Caffé Fantastico coffee and light fare. Situated at the Oak Bay Marina, our spacious patio offers guests an amazing oceanfront view accompanied by friendly customer service.
We are currently looking for customer service focused individuals to join our team as full and Part Time Baristas. These positions are ideal for anyone with 1-2 years’ experience preparing espresso and other coffee based beverages in a busy café setting.
As part of the Oak Bay Marine Group of Companies, the Marina Dockside Eatery offers great staff incentives, including discounts at our various locations and more!
If you want to work in an upbeat, fun, busy place, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Positions will be posted until filled.
BUSINESS UNIT: Marina Dockside Eatery
REPORTS TO: Supervisor and Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: The barista is primarily responsible for the preparation and service of all hot and cold espresso based beverage offerings in the eatery and for ensuring a high quality guest experience through exceptional customer service. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicate effectively with all team members;
- Prepare coffee, tea and espresso drinks to OBMG standards;
- Mixing, pouring and serving cold beverages as required, including beer, cider and wine;
- Assist with stocking of cold beverages on display;
- Assist with maintaining beverage/product inventory;
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect;
- Ensure safety, sanitation and cleanliness at all times;
- Work in a cost efficient and safe manner at all times;
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG Employee Handbook;
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Bussing tables, dishwashing and general food preparation when required;
- Take orders, customer names and interact with guests;
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of all menu items;
- Perform closing duties to OBMG standards;
- Work within a team environment to deliver service from all positions in the Eatery as required;
- Attend staff meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Superhost certification for customer service excellence is recommended.
- Level 1 Food Safe certification is required.
- Serving it Right certification is required.
- Occupational First Aid is an asset.
- POS Experience is an asset.
- Experience with and comfortable in high volume and high pressure situations.
- Experience working with espresso.
- Experience providing exemplary customer service.
- Experience working with cash register and reconciling cash floats.
- Experience with food service an asset.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs and to lift over the shoulder.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee