Back of House Crew Member - Marina Dockside Eatery
Are you passionate about coffee? Do you thrive in a team environment and want to work in one of the most striking locations in Victoria? Let’s talk!
The Marina Dockside Eatery is a licensed establishment, serving Caffé Fantastico coffee and light fare. Situated at the Oak Bay Marina, our spacious patio offers guests an amazing oceanfront view accompanied by friendly customer service.
We are currently looking for a part-time customer-focused Back of House crew member to join our team. Working in a team environment, the person in this position will be responsible for assisting with food preparation, bussing, dishwashing and food running.
If you want to work in an upbeat, fun, busy place, then we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION/TITLE: Back of House Crew Member
BUSINESS UNIT: Marina Dockside Eatery
REPORTS TO: Supervisor and Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: As a dishwasher, this position is responsible for the maintenance and hygienic cleaning of all restaurant tools, dishes, china and glassware and is charged with ensuring all refuse and disposal areas are maintained in a safe and hygienic manner. As a busser and food runner, this position assists the service staff in serving food and clearing tables while ensuring table turnover is maintained at an efficient rate. This position’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide exceptional guest service and demonstrates a professional attitude at all times;
- Communicate effectively with all team members;
- Manage time effectively in order to clean tables;
- Deliver food to tables;
- Provide consistent flow of clean dishes;
- Monitor and maintain dishwasher chemical levels;
- Handle waste collection and disposal;
- Maintain customer bus stations;
- Maintain a clean, organized and welcoming environment;
- Tidy chairs, newspapers and the floors of debris;
- Work with speed in a cost efficient, organized and safe manner at all times;
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations including the OBMG employee Handbook;
- Operate and maintain equipment to standard while treating company property with care and respect.
- Assist with the service of food and beverages when required;
- Assist with customer orders and cash register when required;
- Assist with food preparation when required;
- Perform opening and closing duties to OBMG standard;
- Attend staff meetings.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Food Safe Level 1 is an asset;
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 is an asset;
- WHMIS knowledge and observance;
- Serving it Right is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a restaurant or café is preferred.
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work long hours.
- The ability to bend
- The ability lift up to 50 pounds.
*Note: Details about the position including compensation, benefits, and performance (once hired) will be discussed only with the applicant or employee.