Reservation Coordinator - Temporary Contract
If you want this as your office view, check out this opportunity!
Celebrating over 50 years in the resort, restaurant, attraction and marine industries, Oak Bay Marine Group (OBMG) operates as one family and one team of professionals who actively strive to provide our customers and each other with our signature “Yes I Can” promise. This is a promise to be responsive and respectful in every way and to deliver an unsurpassed guest experience.
We currently have an exciting and immediate opportunity for a Reservation Coordinator to be a part of a dynamic team of sales professionals. This is a temporary position that lasts until September 30th, 2015.
POSITION: Reservation and Customer Service Coordinators
BUSINESS UNIT: Sales and Marketing
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
JOB OVERVIEW: This position is responsible for being the link between our customers and the company. The key to success in this position is providing exceptional customer service under four core functions – Information Sharing, Reservations, Customer Service and Satisfaction and Customer Retention. The successful Customer Service Representative sees the entire company as one diverse product that each caller has the opportunity to learn more about. This job’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Sharing information with guests about all the products that the Oak Bay Marine Group has to offer, regardless of perceived importance or value.
- Assessing potential guests’ needs in order to make recommendations to the right property, marina or restaurant.
- Generating information packages for potential new guests.
- Competitive research and analysis.
- Representing OBMG at Industry, Sportsman and Trade Shows as required.
- Other job duties as required.
- Establishing a new customer list through lead generation and follow-up by seeking referrals from satisfied guest and contacting all connections made at Industry, Sportsman and Trade Shows.
- Soliciting the sale of new or additional guests, services or products using the new customer list.
- Achieving and exceeding resort sales targets as measured through sales reporting.
- Coordinating guest reservations for our four resorts properties, as well as off-site hotels partners; includes coordinating flights, accommodations, fishing, activities etc.
- Advising guests of all reservation policies, generating invoices and trip documentation, and collection of all trip payments; callbacks as required.
- Managing data from weekly reports including outstanding accounts, tentative reservations, lead callback lists etc. and tracking actual sales relative to sales targets
- Checking daily reservation activity reports, ensuring all information is correct and complete.
- Determining charges for reservations requested, collect deposits or payments, and/or arrange for billing.
- Other job duties as required
Customer Service and Satisfaction
- Answering all inbound phone calls displaying a pro-active, positive and energetic interaction based on a “YES I CAN” attitude
- Ensuring all customer interaction is in accordance with OBMG “STARS” Guiding Principles.
- Responding promptly to guest inquiries and complaints.
- Recommending improvements in products, service or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
- Successful achievement of Customer Satisfaction targets as reflected in measures such as surveys
- Accurate tracking and recording of customer contact on tracker reports and reservation system guest history fields
- Other job duties as required.
- Follow up with guests after their trip for opportunity to re-book a future stay
- Keeping records of guests’ interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, comments and complaints, and the actions taken to resolve those complaints.
- Communicating with resort, marina or restaurant staffs to ensure guests’ needs and preferences are understood.
- Other job duties as required
Education and Technical Skills:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in hospitality or tourism.
- WorldHost trained customer service professionals are required, or other customer service training of a similar level.
- Training in reservation management, lead generation and closing the sale techniques.
- Intimate knowledge of the Oak Bay Marine Group’s diversity of products.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, and business and professional communication standards.
- Computer aptitude; thorough knowledge of reservation systems, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience working in a customer service focused environment.
- Experience working within a call centre environment.
Customer/Client Focus: Has the desire to identify and serve customers. Has the ability to focus one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer or group of customers.
Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Has the ability to treat potential clients and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeds expectations by anticipating client’s needs; and resolves problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Communication Skills: Openly communicates in an honest, persuasive and articulate manner; ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: The ability to identify the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and works cooperatively and effectively within and across organizational units to achieve common goals; treats people fairly, with dignity and integrity, to promote commitment, productivity and good morale.
Building Relationships: Has the ability to build or maintain relationships, networks or contacts as a priority of the job.
Team Player: Has the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organization goals. Has the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Results Orientation: Focuses efforts on achieving quality results consistent with the OBMG vision through promoting a welcoming and productive climate.
Business Acumen: Has the ability to understand the business implication of decision s and the ability to strive to improve organizational performance. Is aware of business issues, processes and outcomes as they impact the client’s and the organization’s business needs.
Job Specific Competencies:
Conflict Management: the ability to develop working relationships that facilitate the prevention and/or resolution of conflicts within the organization.
Customer/Client Development involves the genuine intent to foster the learning or development of a diverse clientele. “Customers/clients” include the public, internal and external customers, colleagues, partners, co-workers, peers.
Information Seeking: implies going beyond the questions that are routine or required in the job. It may include “digging” or pressing for exact information; resolution of discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or less-focused environmental “scanning” for potential opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be of future use.
Listening, Understanding and Responding: the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds. It includes the ability to understand accurately and respond effectively to spoken and unspoken or partly expressed thoughts, feelings and concerns of others. People who demonstrate high levels of this competency show a deep and complex understanding of others, including cross-cultural sensitivity.
Problem Solving and Judgment: the ability to analyze problems systematically, organize information, identify key factors, identify underlying causes and generate solutions.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Ability to carry marketing materials (up to 50 pounds) to the Sportsman and Trade Shows.