Front Desk Agent - Canadian Princess
Fishing Lodge & Marine Adventure
Situated in the oceanside village of Ucluelet on beautiful Vancouver Island, the Canadian Princess Fishing Lodge & Marina Adventures offers stunning oceanfront views with an unsurpassed reputation for customer service.
We are currently looking for the following customer-focused position to join an amazing team of food and beverage, accommodation and adventure tourism employees!
Front Desk Agent
POSITION: Front Desk Agent
BUSINESS UNIT: Resorts
REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager, Canadian Princess
JOB OVERVIEW: The front desk agent is responsible for assisting guests of the resort efficiently, courteously and professionally in all front office related functions. A high standard of service and hospitality should be maintained at all times in cooperation with other departments. This position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pre-assign rooms and accommodate special guest requests whenever possible. Register guest in a professional, efficient and thorough manner.
- Stay up-to-date on room rates, packages, and special promotions. Have an accurate awareness of building and room locations, types of rooms, room features and amenities. Develop a detailed knowledge of the services and hours of operations of other OBMG resort locations.
- Adhere closely to credit and cash policies and procedures, ensuring correct front desk and gift shop shift cash-outs. Maintain close control over cash floats.
- Be able to make same-day and future reservations when necessary. Know cancellation and deposit procedures.
- Gift Shop sales and service. Assist in restocking, pricing and tidying up the gift shop when time permits.
- Assist guest services desk if necessary. This may include providing information to guests, booking of shuttle service or activities such as golf, loaning of movies and games, and guest baggage delivery.
- Process and post charges and settlements to guest and city accounts in a timely manner.
- Attend to guest check-outs in a friendly and professional manner
- Use proper telephone etiquette and always take proper and complete messages.
- Keep updated on current resort happenings by reading all front desk logs and memos. Be aware of daily activities and meetings taking place at the resort.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures and how to act upon them. Inform the manager on duty of any unusual occurrences.
- Ensure the reception and lobby areas are kept clean and neat at all times. Maintain an adequate supply of front desk supplies.
- Perform other duties and tasks requested by the Front Office Manager or Manager-on-duty.
Education and Technical Skills:
- Shall possess Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suites, Inn Control/Squirrel
- Knowledge of RoomKey an asset
- Clerical background or training including switchboard operation and handling of cash
- Previous experience as a front desk agent is preferred.
- Experience with guest relations, communications and conflict resolution skills an asset
Customer Focus: implies a desire to identify and serve customers. It means focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting the needs of the customer.
Service Excellence, “Yes I Can” attitude: Treating guests and crew with kindness and enthusiasm; exceeding expectations by anticipating guest’s needs; and resolving guest’s problems, never saying “no” without offering alternatives.
Relationship Building: is working to build or maintain relationship, networks or contacts.
Communicating Effectively: is the ability to ensure your message is clearly understood, regardless of the audience.
Personal Effectiveness: is identifying the best use of your time and other resources at your disposal.
Initiative: involves identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking appropriate action through proper pathways to address the problems or opportunities.
Innovation: indicates an effort to improve performance by doing or promoting new things, such as introducing a previously unknown or untried solution or procedure to the specific area or organization.
Team Player: is the ability to work co-operatively within diverse teams to achieve group or organizational goals. It includes the desire and ability to understand and respond effectively to other people from diverse backgrounds with diverse views.
Business Perspective: indicates the ability to understand the business implication of decisions.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work long hours.
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds.