Campbell River and Quadra Island
Campbell River is on the east coast of Vancouver Island, a few hours north of Victoria and Nanaimo, and is home to Painter’s Lodge. It made its name as the Salmon Capital of the World but today it is home to all varieties of outdoor adventures.
Just across Discovery Passage from Campbell River is Quadra Island, home at April Point Resort & Spa. The island has a population of just a few thousand people and offers an idyllic, laid-back lifestyle.
From Campbell River and Quadra Island, you are just a short hop away from:
- Horne Lake Caves
- Strathcona Provincial Park, with hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing
- Mount Washington Ski Hill
- Strathcona Speedway
- Scuba diving, rated by the Jacques Cousteau Society as second only to the Red Sea
The Canadian Princess Resort is in the town of Ucluelet, an adventure mecca on Vancouver Island’s west coast. Ucluelet and its sister city Tofino draw thousands of thrill seekers and nature lovers to its pristine natural environment, from the old-growth rainforest to the relentless Pacific surf.
Ucluelet is home to:
- World-class surfing
- Ocean kayaking in the Broken Group Islands
- Miles of beaches
- Back-road adventures
- Pristine lakes
- A vibrant arts and cultural scene